Relevant story time. Bear with us.
So we just watched a movie where the main character was placed in a situation where he was alone, outmatched, and outnumbered. His idea was to find the biggest possible enemy that could cause him problems and challenge that scary-ass obstacle. Someone gave him the idea that maybe he should find the most prominent possible enemy and befriend him. Seems odd, but workable, right?
There is a theory that, in life, if you are facing an impossible task or situation, you should take into consideration what the biggest or most difficult factor is, and you tackle it. You see it as a challenge and try to overcome it.
Maybe we should look it in a different way. Maybe we should find the challenges and obstacles in our path and learn how to make them work for us.
Google Monster or Google Hero?
There is no denying that Google is one of the most significant entities on the web. Duh, right?
As a brand owner, you can look at Google’s presence either as an intimidating monster to use to your advantage, or you can look at it as your co-hero that will take your company to new and great heights. As a brand trying to develop themselves online, it’s key to learn as much as possible about what Google can offer so that you can actually prosper in the age of the world wide web.
Maybe that beast you’re facing is a friendly giant. Maybe you want that friendly giant on your side. Maybe that “beast” is Google.
As we’ve discussed ad nauseam, there isn’t one easy step to growing an online business. SEO and SEM are necessary starts, but there’s more to delve into. Sure, there used to be a time that you could just have an online presence and let people know that you have arrived digitally. Not any more, though. Now, you need to manage and market yourself in a greater capacity.
As a content owner, you need to manage how your website is doing, how people are interacting with your website, and how you can successfully make changes so that your business can make an advanced impact.
Enter Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a free service provided by Google that allows you to analyze what progress your website is making and reports on the traffic that you are receiving. GA gives you in-depth insight into your success in reaching the right clientele and audience. If you’re looking for more on Google Analytics specifically, we’ve got you covered here.
And the awesome thing about this is that you don’t have to try to figure your way around it. You don’t have to struggle through facts and figures to understand any of this. Google has provided a great opportunity for you to know all you can about this kick ass service.
All you have to do is go back to school.
Don’t worry. There is no tuition, and you don’t have to take a final, although there are some assessments that you can take to help solidify your knowledge. What Google Analytics Academy will do for you is give you comprehensive but understandable lessons in how to let Google help you find your niche on the web. None of the migraine-y stuff associated with school, we promise.
Let’s look at how you can get started with these courses. The first thing you need to do is look at the Google Analytics website and sign up. You will need to give some basic information about your site so they know exactly what to monitor. You’ll receive a tracking code to plug into your web pages so that Google can start tracking and gathering stats for you. After a few hours, you will begin to receive data about your site.
Google Analytics Academy
Get in there, chief!
After you’ve got everything set up, you should tap into the Google Analytics Academy. Once you’re in, you’re going to find five courses to get you going.
- Google Analytics for Beginners: No matter what you think you know about Google Analytics, it’s a good idea to start at the beginning so that you can get a good overview of what Google Analytics is all about. Your instructors will also run through how to read reports and understand the numbers that you’ll be looking at to guide you in growing your site.
- Advanced Google Analytics: This is going to take you deeper into the processes the Google Analytics can provide for you. You’ll get to see how data is collected and processed as well as learn how to create strategies and plans that can help you make the most of the data that you are receiving.
- Google Analytics 360: Analytics 360 is for those interested in or already looking into the enterprise aspect of their business. This provides more options for big business and those companies that are looking at expansion. This course gives you a little more insight into the specified GA360.
- ECommerce: This is a enlightening interactive course where you’ll learn how to turn the data you’ve discovered with Google Analytics into informed decisions. The course even lets you work in a digital scenario that uses an example retailer so that you can work through situations first-hand. This is self-paced so that you can take your time and take in everything that the course has to offer.
- Tag Manager: The world of digital content has heavily adopted the integration of tags. Because of this, there are a lot of ways that tags are misused and can hinder your website or online business from growing. The Tag Manager course helps you understand the basics of tags and how to manage your tags so that they are benefiting you.
Google Analytics Academy is a stunning resource that everyone in online business should take advantage of. Knowledgeable instructors, free courses, and easy-to-learn format? Hell yes.
And you can learn and relearn and relearn. Honestly, that is one of the keys to making Google Analytics work for you and your business.
If you’re struggling with SEO or Google Analytics, contact us. We know what we’re doing. Together, we can help you dominate your industry.